- Soaking up some rays – the sun always feels good after our brutal Mid-West winters, but protecting your skin from harmful rays is extremely important. So make sure you don’t forget the sunscreen, as skin can become severely burned in just a few hours in the sun, which can increase your risk of skin cancer in the long run. In addition to remembering the sunscreen, you can also bring your own shade by grabbing an umbrella or a large hat.
- Just keep swimming, just keep swimming – for the past couple of weeks we have seen temperatures in the 80’s so hopefully the last Monday of May will provide us with plenty of sunshine to take a dip in the pool. However, before dipping your toe in or going all out in a cannon ball, make sure you know who is going to be watching the little ones in your group. There might be lifeguards on duty, but it is always a good practice to have an extra set of eyes.
- Hot dogs, hamburgers, and steak oh my – we all know that the smell of a grill just screams summertime, but make sure that your “Grill Master” is properly protected. Be sure to clean the grill before use and make sure that everything is in proper working order. After grilling be sure to make sure that coals are completely put out and that the propane is turned off.
- As some would say, “no great story ever started with a water” – so if you plan to partake in drinking, be sure you plan your designated driver at the beginning of the day. Having fun is great, but also making sure that you are safe is key.
- Lock it up – be sure to lock up your home before you head out for the day or weekend. As many people head out of town neighborhoods can become empty and it’s important to make sure that not only your family is protected for the day, but also all your precious valuables you left at home.
Video Verification Technology
Video verification is a massive technological breakthrough in the security world. In the event of an emergency, you can use this tool to:
- Get law enforcement to your house faster
- Prevent false alarms
- Make your family more secure
At Custom Alarm, we believe in helping out the community that we live in, so this year we had a company wide initiative to help make Rochester A Litter Bit Better. We started out the day with a company lunch and then hit the trails for the rest of the afternoon to collect as much garbage as we could. To make things more interesting, we had a friendly competition to see which group could collect the most bags of garbage and the find the most unique item. Continue reading “Custom Alarm Helps Rochester be A Litter Bit Better”
Warmer weather is coming which means you will be spending more and more time outside with your family. Most families use the garage as the main point of entry into the house and tend to leave it open so they have easy access to toys, chairs, and any other items need to enjoy the Minnesota sun. However the garage is where you house some of your most expensive and resellable possessions –– and yet, it can be a security blind spot in many homes. And even worse, it can provide easy access to your home and loved ones. Learn how to make your garage more secure in just 7 steps:
1. Cover Your Windows
When burglars can see all your high-value tools, vehicles, and other resellable items, they’re much more motivated to break in and steal them. Prevent them from peeking by covering your glass with sheer curtains or translucent film to let light in but keep eyes out! Continue reading “Did I remember to shut the garage door?”
The Best Places to Work is a national program that recognizes the best employers in local communities. For the past eight years, Workforce Development, Inc. has been recognizing employers in multiple size categories across SE MN and we, at Custom Alarm, are honored to be included in this year’s list. If you are interested in having your business participate in 2018 or to find other businesses that have been recognized, please visit www.workforcedevelopmentinc.org.
Have you been stressing over what security company to pick to protect your family? We know this is a tough decision and one you shouldn’t take lightly. So we are here to help you, we have created 5 simple steps to smarter security.
- Schedule a FREE security analysis – click here or call us at 507.288.5522 and we will send a security consultant out to your home.
- You talk, we listen – talk to your security consultant about all of your security wants and needs.
- Home survey – our security consultant will walk with you through your home to see what solutions will be best for you and where they should be placed throughout your home.
- Options – we have three main security packages, but each of them are customizable to fit your budget, needs, and wants.
- We install and protect you 24/7 – no need to worry about your security system, we have friendly, trained professionals that will take care of everything. We will also train you how to use your new security system and we are available 24/7 for anything you may need.
We take home security very serious, but we also want to make it as easy for you as possible. So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today for a FREE, no obligation, security analysis.
Each summer, out of town alarm companies send out people to communities across the country to go door-to-door to persuade homeowners into purchasing a new alarm system. These people, while appearing friendly, have been found to use deceptive sales tactics and often misrepresent themselves and the companies they work for.
Examples of these questionable sales tactics:
- Stating they are working with your current alarm company
- Explaining that you have an outdated system
- Offering to ‘give’ you a new yard sign
- Claiming they only have one free system left
- Telling you that “your neighbor” said to stop here
- Using inaccurate statistics about crime in your neighborhood
Have you ever had your voicemail fill up to its storage capacity? No one can leave a message. All of a sudden, you don’t know who’s called, when they were trying to talk with you, or what they wanted.
Not having SkyBell at your front door is kind of like having a full voicemail. With a traditional doorbell, you have no idea who is at your front door when you’re not home. You don’t know when they arrived or why they came to visit.
Did you know that Cable Companies are now offering home security? We have heard them on the radio talking about security being a low-cost solution, when bundled with their other services. Sounds great, right? We at Custom Alarm want you to be aware of the differences between local security companies and cable companies. So to avoid the headache, we did the research for you, below are 7 things to consider before making a decision:
- Custom Alarm – We have been in business since 1968, so we know what we are doing and we focus on the services that we are good at. We are the security experts.
- Cable Company – Can a company that does internet, phone, television, and security really be considered an expert? If your TV or internet is out for a night, it’s an inconvenience, security on the other hand is serious, there is no room for error. Continue reading “Local Security VS. Cable Company”
Have you been looking for ways to save money on home energy costs? Did you know that heating and cooling account for nearly 50% of your home’s energy costs? A smart thermostat offers smart home automation and will help you control your energy bill. Here are 5 ways that a smart thermostat can benefit YOU!
- Smart Comfort – You can now program your thermostat to adjust based on your daily activities. Do you always leave the house at 7AM and get home around 5PM? Set your thermostat to turn down while you are out of the home and turn back up prior to you getting home.
- Smart Control – Have you ever left for a week long trip, only to realize you left the thermostat all the way up? No problem, with a smart thermostat you can control your thermostat anytime, anywhere as long as you have a connected smart phone, tablet, or desktop.
- Smart Display – There is a large, easy-to-read display so you will never have to guess the temperature. You can also use your smart thermostat as a real time clock in addition, if you prefer.
- Smart Savings – The whole point of a smart thermostat is to help save you money on your bill by nudging you towards energy-savings settings. When you are in control of your thermostat wherever you are, saving money is easy.
- Smart Choice – Custom Alarm is here to help you and right now (until the end of March 2017) we are offering a FREE SMART THERMOSTAT with any purchase of a new security system. Want to take advantage of this deal? Click here to request a free, no obligation, security analysis.